Friday, April 12, 2013

Earjeans in Japan





For some, being comfortable in one's own skin can be a difficult task to undertake. Constantly feeling pressure from outside sources to make adjustments on one's outward appearance in an effort to "fit" society's definition of beauty takes frustration to an entirely new level. To keep up with constantly changing fashion trends and fads many people go to great lengths including maxing out credit cards and/or not paying certain bills on time-or at all!

While this has been an issue many people have experienced since the introduction of mass media, there is definitely a larger number of individuals who boldly rebel against this "idea of beauty" and have embraced their own unique "image of beauty". It is called self-acceptance. Taking the time to truly learn who you are as a person - the good, the bad, and the ugly - is a healthy way to take a good look at yourself and fall in love with the person you "see". If you see something you don't like, you have the power to change it. No longer are you looking for outside elements to define your beauty, outside elements simply showcase the beauty you already possess, from the inside out. This makes it so much easier to find clothing and accessories that you feel comfortable, confident, and capable of accomplishing anything you desire.

Over the next several months, I will be exploring the world of fashion as I travel around the world and I am excited about what I will discover. My first stop, Japan! I'm curious to see what fashion inspiration I will find walking the streets of Osaka and Tokyo. And I'll be sure to share them with you.

Until next time, keep having fun with fashion!

Tasha LaRae


2 comments:

  1. While you are in Japan and as you continue to increase the number of Japanese pals in your life I hope you will have a moment to explore the world of Kawaii Fashion and Lolita... It is very heavy in Japan particularly in Harajuku. It would be nice to see earjeans develop something for those fashion styles. It would be sooo kawaiiii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea!! One of my classmates introduced me to fashion styles in Harajuku a few days ago. I've been surfing the web to learn more. I'll be shopping for supplies and soaking in the inspiration. :) Thank you!

      Delete