Saturday, May 28, 2011

On The Road Again



After four long months of being stationary, we are finally on the road again! (Wha hoo) For the next 2 weeks, we will be touring Germany for a total of 15 shows in 15 days. One of my goals for this year is to get better at blogging/writing so I’m taking this opportunity to do just that. I will do my best to document each day of the tour and keep you all in the loop. Hopefully you be entertained and feel like you’re right here with us :o)

Side note: I am writing this in real time-mostly.

Day one:
We traveled non-stop to Stuttgart, Germany. It was about a 9 hour flight from Atlanta. Honestly, the time flew by for me because I slept the entire flight!! I mean the entire thing. I vaguely remember the safety video showing me how to fasten my seat belt and the next thing I know we were landing in Germany. #iwasknockedout! (For all my twitter lovers :)



The weather here is a bit chilly but pleasant. Our 20 minute ride to the hotel was full of beautiful countryside scenery and traditional German architecture. Of course we saw a few familiar buildings like McDonalds and Subway but even they had a different flare to them. After getting settled into our rooms we have about 3 ½ hours until we leave for sound check. Being that there aren’t any places for us to explore near the hotel (especially food places), we’re excited to head to the venue. Right now, I’m watching a T.V. show that looks like the equivalent of SNL doing a spoof on Darth Vader playing ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’….umm….I think I’m gonna read my book *slowly nods head with raised eyebrows*




So now it’s 4:22pm and we just finished sound check. Everything sounds great. This is definitely gonna be a great show! Everyone’s chilling out right now and our super awesome bus driver, Ingo (like Bingo without the “B”), tried to teach us a few words in German…ha! That was hilarious. You had to be there to appreciate how hilarious that was! Put it this way, there are some languages country folk aren’t meant to speak and German (wait for it….) is one of them, lol! But it was fun trying :)

So in another hour or so, we will be having dinner in a bier garten (beer garden)and then get ready for the show! I will take more pics and post them with my next post.

Opening act is Splice. They are a funk band and just from hearing their soundcheck, they are gonna be jammin!



Pics from top to bottom: (sign just outside the airport, Super cool looking McDonalds, Pricing for Gas at Shell (price is by the liter so multiply by 4 and you’ll get the price per gallon…in EURO!! #nevergonnacomplainaboutgasagain, Really cool shot of an apartment building. I love these colors!!)

If you wanna stay connected
Twitter: Tashalarae, arresteddevlpmt, eshe2xgrammy
Facebook
Arrested Development Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment