Friday, October 14, 2011

The Earjeans 365 Collection: #292


Today I wanted to create a piece of jewelry that would work as an everyday piece regardless of the outfit you decide to wear. Some people have a favorite pair of hoops, a necklace, or a bracelet they never leave home without. For me, it's a sterling silver ring I made for the first time earlier this year. I'm so proud of this ring and since then I've made only a few for gifts to loved ones.

So today's jewelry piece is #292 Freestyle wire wrapped ring
(I made two different rings)

Our materials:
copper

sterling silver










For each metal, I cut about 8" of wire and wrapped each one individually around a ring mandrel to set my desired size. After wrapping, I coiled each end as desired and then finished them by hammering the wire flat on each end. I left the hammer markings on the ring as it gives it a nice textured look.

And here are our new rings




For more info on these rings
click here for silver
click here for copper

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment