Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Earjeans 365 Collection: #340

Today's inspiration comes from someone so special to me. My loving grandpa, Cato.

He is my "go to guy" when I need advice about well, almost anything. I recently had one of those moments where I wasn't sure if my career decisions were the best choice for my future (my fellow full-time musicians & business owners know what I'm talking about) and I needed some of his wisdom. He then told me, in his most sincere voice, that there was no one in this world more excited and proud of what I was doing and he made me promise him that I wouldn't stop no matter what. Needless to say it brought tears to my eyes and I quickly made that promise.

So I dedicate jewelry piece #340 to my grandpa. I love you!!



#340 Just for Him Onyx bracelet

Our materials

black onyx beads
stretch bead cord (not pictured)

Because I like how cool these beads look, I didn't want to use an alternating piece. Some things are better left to stand out by themselves. Kinda like the strong men in our lives who are natural born leaders.

So I strung each bead on the stretch bead cord and then tied a double knot to close it. after cutting the excess cord, I applied a touch of clear nail polish to keep the end from fraying.

our new masterpiece....


If you haven't done it lately, I encourage you to call your father, brother, uncle, grandfather, husband, etc and tell them how much they mean to you...just because :)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment