Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Earjeans 365 Collection: #365

Thanks for joining me everyone! I'm so excited to start this creative journey and I hope you will take it with me :) For the next 365 days I will be creating a new pair of earrings and sharing with you a part of the creation process and where the inspiration came from. With each piece, I do not premeditate what I will create so the end result is just as much of a surprise to me as it is to you! We will count down from 365 to 1 and wish Earjeans a Happy 4Th Birthday on August 1, 2012! You ready? Let's Go!


#365: Purple leather, white feather long earrings

These earrings were inspired by the Hank Stewart 10Th Annual White Linen Affair which happend this past weekend in Atlanta, GA. This event is a major fundraiser for the Hank Stewart Foundation to help the children it touches.

"The Stewart Foundation works to encourage a generation of children to become influential leaders of society through a program that fosters independence, self pride and respect for others, while educating and motivating each child to reach their ultim."

The colors for this event were purple, white, and platinum. I must say, everyone who attended this beautiful 3 day event looked fabulous in these colors! Visit Hank Stewart's Website for more information on the event.




I started with the materials pictured above:
purple leather
white feathers
silver (our platinum) seed beads
chain
earrings findings

I hand wrapped each of the feathers together with jewelry wire and attached them to the chain. Then I cut several strips of purple leather and attached to the chain while adding a few embellishments (the silver seed beads and a few rhinestones)

Finished product?





These earrings took about an hour to make and are now available at Earjeans.com
Hope to see you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment